Who We Help and How
Louisa Domestic Violence Service has operated in the Queanbeyan/Palerang Region for over 40 years.
We are a Specialist Homelessness Service providing support to women, men and children experiencing domestic and family violence.
We aim to increase Community awareness about the devastating effects of Domestic and Family Violence and to provide support to assist those affected to live life free from violence and abuse.
What We Offer
- Early intervention and outreach support for people experiencing domestic and family violence to stay safely in their own home
- Secure crisis accommodation for women with or without children escaping domestic and family violence
- Supported accommodation for families, men and women with or without children
- Assistance to find stable housing
- Information and referrals in relation to financial, legal, health, education and employment problems
- Emotional support and understanding through our refuge based child support program
- Support for children who may be experiencing trauma and stress due to family or domestic violence