Image: (Left to right: Janette Dale, Johnny Lange, Kerrie Jarius, Paul Berger, Wendy Smith, Viv Cox, Simon Rowe, Fr Michael Cockayne, Esma Livermore, Elaine Lollback, David Horton and Robyne Boyd-Sharman)
Celebrating the arrival of the Queanbeyan Sleepbus with the Queanbeyan Housing Action Collective (Q-HAC) and some participants of the 24-Hours Without homelessness awareness and fundraising event.
The 24 Hours Without event involved members of the community who volunteered to spend 24 hours in situations commonly experienced by people who are homeless in the Queanbeyan Palerang region.
On the day participants were provided with a different scenario with challenges often experienced by people accessing local services such as Your Place Housing Support Service, Louisa Domestic Violence Service and St Benedicts Community Centre.
Participants raised awareness and funds to purchase a safe alternative to rough sleeping to benefit their Community.
A huge thank you to our participants
- Johnny Lange (Lange’s Auto Centre)
- Mathew Griffin (Hotel Queanbeyan )
- Jeremy Howell (Howell Traffic Services)
- Paul Berger (Octoberfest Queanbeyan Showgrounds)
- Jenny Cooper (Queanbeyan City Travel)
- Kerrie Jarius (Brilliant Admin solutions) and
- Esma Livermore (Aboriginal Education Consultative Group).